Here’s what you would be doing:
- Providing an exceptional customer service experience to clients, leaving them happy with their decision to choose Cheep Insurance as their broker.
- Helping with client inquiries regarding their insurance coverage, claims and/or billing.
- Quoting / “shopping” client policies to see if there are better rates available and completing necessary paperwork to move a client’s policy from one insurer to another if applicable.
- Reviewing insurance renewals to identify opportunities for up-selling / cross-selling coverages.
- Conducting insurance needs assessments, recommending solutions, and providing advice as needed.
- Managing payment arrangements for policy renewals.
- Reviewing & processing policy change requests that come in via our website.
- Ensuring all files you service are up-to-date, all policies are compliant with insurer underwriting rules, and that company data integrity standards are upheld.
- Participating in internal operational improvement projects as the need arises.
- Working with the Service Team Lead and other colleagues to achieve overall service and retention objectives and KPIs.
- Playing a fundamental role in achieving Cheep Insurance’s ambitious customer satisfaction and retention goals.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- You have your General Insurance License in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland or Ontario.
- Any completed CAIB courses would be an added bonus (but not required).
- You have at least a year of experience working as a personal insurance broker.
- Experience with Applied Epic would be an asset, but is not required.
- You are knowledgeable about personal insurance products and are comfortable explaining them over the phone / via text and email.
- Your customer service skills are second-to-none – you’re comfortable speaking to people in a professional manner over the phone and navigating situations where clients may be upset.
- With a detail-oriented personality, you have exceptional data entry skills, entering data accurately and quickly.
- You have experience working remotely or can adjust your work style to be remote-ready.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have no issues with multi-tasking.
- You are self-motivated and can work independently.
- You are flexible and can adapt to change / maintain a positive attitude throughout.
- You enjoy working on a small, close-knit team with a casual workplace culture.
To be negotiated based on education, experience and qualifications.
About Cheep Insurance
Cheep Insurance is not your traditional insurance brokerage. As Atlantic Canada’s first and only 100% online broker (a business model we established before Covid was even a thing!), our team gets to work from the comfort of their homes every day.
Our mission is to simplify the insurance experience and help clients find the best price out there – quickly & easily. We invest in top technologies, continuously improve our workflows, and innovate to be the best we can every day. And unlike a lot of companies, we prioritize both the client and employee experiences to make sure everyone is happy.
As the new broker on the block, we’ve been ruffling feathers in the industry since our launch in summer 2016 – and our significant success since then means we’re now looking to grow our team (again!) We are on the hunt for someone with exceptional customer service skills and experience working in personal insurance to help us service our growing book of business. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a small group of energetic, intelligent, and results-focused team members in a fun work atmosphere where technology is revered.
Interested? Send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from qualified members of the visible minority community, indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities. Applicants from these designated groups wishing to self-identify may do so through the cover letter.