Here’s what you would be doing:
- Proactively converting insurance leads into clients using Cheep Insurance’s innovative, technology-enabled sales processes and workflows.
- Identifying the insurance needs of each customer, making coverage recommendations, and providing insurance advice.
- Ensuring underwriting compliance and data integrity for all policies written.
- Working with the Sales Manager and other sales team members to achieve overall sales objectives and KPIs.
- Playing a fundamental role in achieving Cheep Insurance’s ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- You have your General Insurance License in Nova Scotia.
- Any completed CAIB courses would be an added bonus (but not required).
- You have exceptional and proven sales techniques, preferably selling personal insurance products.
- You are knowledgeable about personal insurance products and are comfortable explaining them over the phone / via text and email.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have no issues with multi-tasking.
- With a detail-oriented personality, you have exceptional data entry skills, entering data accurately and quickly.
- Experience using a leading broker management system (especially Applied Epic) would be an asset, but is not required.
- You are self-motivated and can work independently.
- You are flexible and can adapt to change / maintain a positive attitude throughout.
- You have experience working remotely or can adjust your work style to be remote-ready.
- You enjoy working on a small, close-knit team with a casual workplace culture.
- You have a positive attitude and are confident and competitive.
To be negotiated based on education, experience and qualifications.
About Cheep Insurance
Cheep Insurance is not your traditional insurance brokerage. As Atlantic Canada’s first and only 100% online broker (a business model we established before Covid was even a thing!), our team gets to work from the comfort of their homes every day.
Our mission is to simplify the insurance experience and help clients find the best price out there – quickly & easily. We invest in top technologies, continuously improve our workflows, and innovate to be the best we can every day. And unlike a lot of companies, we prioritize both the client and employee experiences to make sure everyone is happy.
As the new broker on the block, we’ve been ruffling feathers in the industry since our launch in summer 2016 – and our significant success since then means we’re now looking to grow our team (again!) We are on the hunt for someone with exceptional sales skills to help us grow our book of business. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a small group of energetic, intelligent, and results-focused team members in a fun work atmosphere where technology is revered.
Interested? Send your résumé and cover letter to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from qualified members of the visible minority community, indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities. Applicants from these designated groups wishing to self-identify may do so through the cover letter.