Here’s what you would be doing:
- Building relationships with our existing clients as their contact for policy changes by phone or email.
- Processing policy change requests that come in via our website.
- Answering client inquiries regarding coverage, claims and/or billing.
- Validating data integrity of all client and internal information on a frequent basis.
- Participating in internal operational improvement projects as the need arises.
- Playing a support role to achieve our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
- Completing other administrative duties as required.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- You have your General License to sell insurance in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick or Newfoundland and experience using a leading broker management system (experience with Applied Epic would be nice-to-have but is not required).
- Any completed CAIB courses would be an added bonus (but not required).
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have no issues with multi-tasking.
- With a detail-oriented personality, you have exceptional data entry skills, entering data accurately and quickly.
- You are proficient with MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as using the internet.
- Your customer service skills are second to none; you’re comfortable speaking to people on the phone in a professional manner and navigating situations where clients may be upset.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You thrive on working independently and are self-motivated.
- You have the ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- You have a positive attitude and are confident and competitive.
- You enjoy working on a small, close-knit team with a casual workplace culture.
To be negotiated based on education, experience and qualifications.
About Cheep Insurance
Cheep Insurance is not your traditional insurance brokerage. As Atlantic Canada’s first and only 100% online broker (a business model we established before Covid was even a thing!), our team gets to work from the comfort of their homes every day.
Our mission is to simplify the insurance experience and help clients find the best price out there – quickly & easily. We invest in top technologies, continuously improve our workflows, and innovate to be the best we can every day. And unlike a lot of companies, we prioritize both the client and employee experiences to make sure everyone is happy.
As the new broker on the block, we’ve been ruffling feathers in the industry since our launch in summer 2016 – and our significant success since then means we’re now looking to grow our team (again!) We are on the hunt for someone with exceptional sales skills to help us grow our book of business. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a small group of energetic, intelligent, and results-focused team members in a fun work atmosphere where technology is revered.
Interested? Send your résumé and cover letter to [email protected] to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from qualified members of the visible minority community, indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities. Applicants from these designated groups wishing to self-identify may do so through the cover letter.