Our hearts go out to everyone impacted by the wildfires in Atlantic Canada. Our claims page & wildfire blog have resources to help, and we are here to support you!

The Cheep Insurance Apartment Protection Program (CAPP)

The Cheep Insurance Apartment Protection Program (CAPP)

The CAPP is a custom tenant insurance solution built specifically for apartment building owners and managers. This program enables you to offer a simple and user friendly tenant insurance experience to tenants, maintain an organized and up-to-date tenant insurance database for your buildings, and have peace-of-mind that your tenants and building are protected. Plus, you can get a discount on the commercial insurance for your building for being part of the program!

How it Works

How it works

Simple online opt-in
process for tenants

We'll create a co-branded landing page tenants can use to opt into or out of the program. All your building info will be pre-loaded into the back-end of our system to make for a quick and easy opt-in process for tenants. They can just enter their contact info and answer a few quick questions - then voila! They're insured!

How it works

Insurance database set-up and management

We'll build and help maintain a tenant insurance database for you so you can stay organized and up-to-date with your tenants' insurance information. Our team will update the database each time a tenant opts in, opts out, or cancels a policy, and both you and your tenant will receive an email confirmation on policy set up.

How it works

Streamlined payment process for tenants

We've built the system in a way that enables building owners and managers to add the $15 per month for the tenant insurance to the payment collected from tenants each month for rent. At the end of each month, we'll bill a credit card on file for all tenants insured through the program for each building.

Make sure you and your tenants are protected

Tenant insurance provides three main types of protection:

1. Personal Liability Coverage provides coverage for costs associated with damage to the property of others (including your building) that tenants are found legally responsible for or injuries others incur as an accidental result of tenants’ actions (or those of their families).

2. Personal Property Coverage (also know as contents coverage) helps cover costs to replace or repair tenants personal belongings if they’re stolen or damaged/destroyed by a covered loss (such as a fire).

3. Additional Living Expense Coverage helps cover expenses, such as hotel room bills and meals, that tenants may face if their apartment is uninhabitable because it’s being repaired as part of an insurance claim and they have to temporarily live somewhere else.