Online insurance broker advantages:
Part 1: Print your pink cards anytime
Have you ever had to wait for your insurance documents to arrive via snail mail? Have you ever lost or damaged your pink card and needed a new one right away? Well, one of the many advantages of using an online insurance broker is that you have access to your documents online 24-7.
All Cheep Insurance clients are set up with access to our website and mobile app as soon as they come on board.
We highly recommend that all of our clients download our mobile app and save a digital liability card (pink card) to their phone as soon as they have access to these tools.
If you’re a client of ours looking for a paper copy of your pink card, you can print one off through our website – instructions for doing so are below.
Logging into Cheep Insurance’s website
Your login credentials (username and password) were sent to you by email when you first came on board.
If you can’t find the email with your login credentials or forgot your password, you can hit the Forgot Your Password? link on the Login Page and follow the instructions to reset your password. Your username should be the primary email address we have on file for you.
Printing your pink card
Once you’re logged in, you can print out a paper copy of your pink card by following these instructions:
- Click the “Pink Cards” button
- Select the vehicle you’d like to print a pink card for
- Review the information on the screen to confirm it’s correct then hit the “Submit Request” button
- On the screen that pops up, make sure the following boxes are checked:
- View On Screen
- Deliver Via Email
- When you select the “Deliver Via Email” checkbox, fields will appear underneath it – make sure to fill in your name and email address here
- Note that if you miss this step, you will not receive a copy of your pink card(s) via email
- Hit “Submit Request”
- A copy of your pink card(s) will open on your computer screen and you will receive a copy via email as well
- Note that if you have pop-ups blocked on your computer, your pink card may not open on your computer screen. If this is the case, you will need to access it from the attachment sent to you via email.
- You will be able to print your pink card from the version that popped up on your screen or the email attachment.
If possible, make sure to print your pink card in colour as some police officers may be pickier than others about your proof of insurance having a pink background.
Having trouble? Our support team is happy to help!
If you run into trouble while trying to log in or print off your pink cards, our support team is happy to give you a hand. You can reach them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (902) 463-1675 (or toll free at 1-866-92-CHEEP / 1-866-922-4337).
Other online insurance broker advantages
This is the first in a series of posts highlighting the advantages of using an online insurance broker. All of the posts in this series are linked below:
- Printing your pink card(s) via Cheep Insurance’s website
- Downloading the Cheep Insurance mobile app
- Saving your “pink card” (proof of insurance) to your phone
Thanks for following this series! We’re proud to be Atlantic Canada’s first-ever 100% online insurance broker.