You pay for insurance for most of your life – whether it’s auto insurance, tenant/renter insurance, or home insurance. Most days you don’t even think about it – but then there’s an incident – what happens now?
When you are involved in a car accident or property loss, it can really ruffle your feathers. But keep calm, because Cheep Insurance is here to help your insurance claim resolution take flight.
It is always most efficient to report an insurance claim directly to your insurance company. This allows you to speak with a member of their claims department and have the information directly sent to an adjuster. (Of course – if you have questions or wish to speak to our flock prior to submitting a claim, we’re always here for you!)
So what exactly happens during an insurance claim?
- First things first, you need to call your insurance company and let them know what’s going on – be prepared to share details such as the time and date of the claim, who was involved, and what damages/losses have occurred.
- Once you’ve given them the bird’s eye view of the situation, the insurance company will start to investigate. An adjuster will usually contact you within 24-48 hours.
- Their adjusters will investigate to determine the extent of the damage or loss, and whether it’s covered under your policy.
- They’ll work their way through the paperwork to evaluate the claim and determine what they can do to help.
- Once the evaluation is complete, the insurance company will work with you to come up with a solution that works for everyone. This might involve pecking away at the details to figure out how to repair or replace damaged property or reimbursing you for lost or damaged items.
- Whatever the situation, the insurance company and Cheep Insurance will be there to fly in and provide you with the support you need to get back on your feet.
Just remember, there’s no need to feel like a sitting duck – we’re here to help you navigate through the process and come out on top.
Whether you’re in the middle of a claim, wondering about what coverages may keep you best protected, or just have questions about your policy, give us a chirp at 1-866-92-CHEEP and our service flock will be happy to answer your questions.