Stop driving distracted & enter to win a $25 gas card
Cheep Insurance & Wawanesa Insurance have teamed up to help stop distracted driving in Nova Scotia! We're doing this by running a contest to encourage people to put their phones on "Do Not Disturb While Driving" mode so they won't receive notifications while driving / be tempted to look at them and drive distracted. Put your phone on "Do Not Disturb" mode and check out the contest rules below to learn how you could win 1 of 8 $25 gas cards. Help Nova Scotia drive safe!
Stop driving distracted & enter to win 1 of 8 $25 gas cards
Contest Hosting & Co-Sponsorship
“Stop driving distracted & enter to win” is a social media contest hosted by Cheep Insurance and co-sponsored by insurer partner Wawanesa Insurance.
All questions regarding the contest rules should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contest Rules & Regulations
Eligible persons may enter the contest by putting their phone on “Do Not Disturb While Driving” mode and completing one of the two social media contest entry methods:
- Facebook contest entry – complete the following actions:
- Comment on the Facebook contest post with a screenshot of your phone on “Do Not Disturb While Driving” mode. Comments may not contain profanity or explicit content – any comments containing profanity or explicit content will be deleted immediately and will not count as a contest entry.
- Eligible persons can earn additional contest entries for each of the following actions:
- Sharing the Facebook contest post on their personal Facebook page
- Tagging friends in the comments section of the Facebook contest post
- Liking the Cheep Insurance Facebook page
- Liking the Wawanesa Insurance Facebook Page
- Twitter contest entry – complete the following actions:
- Reply to the contest tweet with a screenshot of your phone on “Do Not Disturb While Driving” mode. Replies may not contain profanity or explicit content – any replies containing profanity or explicit content will be deleted immediately and will not count as a contest entry.
- Eligible persons can earn additional contest entries for each of the following actions:
- Retweeting the contest tweet
- Tagging friends in their retweet of the contest tweet
- Following Cheep Insurance on Twitter
- Following Wawanesa Insurance on Twitter
Maximum of 10 (ten) entries per person (one entry for each of the actions described above).
No purchase is necessary to enter or win this contest.
The Contest is open to all legal residents of Nova Scotia who are 16 years of age or over. Employees of Cheep Insurance, Wawanesa Insurance, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. This contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal Laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
3. Contest Period
There will be two back-to-back contest periods:
- The first contest period will start on Saturday April 13, 2019 at 12:01 PM (Atlantic Daylight Time) and end on Friday April 19, 2019 at 12:01 PM (Atlantic Daylight Time). To be eligible for the prize, entries must be received on or before Friday April 19, 2019 at 12:01 PM(Atlantic Daylight Time).
- The second contest period will start on Saturday April 20, 2019 at 12:01 PM (Atlantic Daylight Time) and end on Friday April 26, 2019 at 12:01 PM (Atlantic Daylight Time). To be eligible for the prize, entries must be received on or before Friday April 26, 2019 at 12:01 PM(Atlantic Daylight Time).
4. Prize Details
There will be two sets of prizes given away:
- On Friday April 19, 2019, the four (4) winners of the first contest round will each with one (1) gas card valued at $25 CAD
- On Friday April 26, 2019, the four (4) winners of the second contest round will each with one (1) gas card valued at $25 CAD
No cash or other prize substitutions are permitted except at the discretion of Cheep Insurance. The prize is non-transferable. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Cheep Insurance and Wawanesa Insurance to use the winners’ names, likeness and entries for the purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
The odds of winning depend of the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Selection & Notification
Eight (8) total prize winners will be selected by random draw from the pool of eligible contest entries under the supervision of Cheep Insurance:
- Four (4) prize winners will be selected by random draw on the contest close date for the first contest period (Friday April 19, 2019) from the pool of eligible contest entries received between Saturday April 13, 2019 at 12:01 PM (Atlantic Daylight Time) and Friday April 19, 2019 at 12:01 PM (Atlantic Daylight Time) under the supervision of Cheep Insurance
- Four (4) prize winners will be selected by random draw on the contest close date for the second contest period (Friday April 26, 2019) from the pool of eligible contest entries received between Saturday April 20, 2019 at 12:01 PM (Atlantic Daylight Time) and Friday April 26, 2019 at 12:01 PM (Atlantic Daylight Time) under the supervision of Cheep Insurance
The contest winners will be notified via social media or email within five (5) days following the winner selections. Cheep Insurance shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and provincial laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Agreement to Rules
By participating in this contest, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Cheep Insurance as final and binding, as they relate to the contest. This contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal Laws and regulations.
8. Rights Granted By You
By entering this contest you understand that Cheep Insurance, anyone acting on behalf of Cheep Insurance, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns, will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter known in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
Cheep Insurance reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the contest. In such case, Cheep Insurance may select the contest winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Cheep Insurance. Cheep Insurance reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the contest or contest website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Cheep Insurance has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different Facebook accounts; multiple entries from the same person in excess of that allowed by contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Cheep Insurance reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability
By entering this contest you agree to release and hold harmless Cheep Insurance and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries.
Cheep Insurance is not responsible for any typographical error in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest nor will any responsibility be taken for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind. Cheep Insurance will not be liable for lost or unavailable network connections, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Cheep Insurance, users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with the contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions. Cheep Insurance. reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this promotion should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond Cheep Insurance’s control, corrupt the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the contest. Cheep Insurance reserves the right to withdraw or terminate the contest at any time without prior notice or to change the Rules and Regulations. Cheep Insurance is not responsible for any entries that may be incomplete, lost, destroyed, delayed, or not transmitted due to technical failure, however caused.
THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND NOVA SCOTIA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Nova Scotia, Canada having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Promotion Sponsorship
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Cheep Insurance and not to any other party.