Cheep Insurance – Atlantic Canada’s first and only 100% online insurance brokerage – is a modern and emerging independent personal insurance company. Through a mobile app and other technology, we are simplifying the personal insurance experience by offering fresh and innovative tools like convenient online quoting, eSignatures and 24/7 policy access.
Our significant success means that we are on the hunt for someone with exceptional administrative, customer service and office support skills to take on the full-time role of Entry-Level Customer Service Representative (CSR).
We need to ensure brokerage operations operate effectively and efficiently, and that nothing falls through the cracks, while our Sales & Marketing Teams are working with customers to guarantee they are getting the proper insurance coverage for their needs at the best price. This position is essential to the smooth running of our office every day.
At Cheep Insurance, you will have the opportunity to work with a small group of energetic, results-oriented and intelligent team members in a casual work atmosphere where technology is revered.
Here’s what you would be doing:
- Entering client policies and any changes on the various insurance providers’ systems.
- Verifying policies issued from insurance providers are accurate and complete when received.
- Setting new clients up with the Cheep Insurance online portal.
- Emailing new and existing clients their policy documents.
- Validating data integrity of all client and internal information on a frequent basis.
- Notifying clients of payment changes.
- Providing support with any sales and business development reports.
- Assisting with marketing and social media campaigns.
- Ordering marketing collateral and office supplies.
- Playing a support role to achieve our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
- Participating in internal operational improvement projects as the need arises.
- Completing other administrative duties around the office as required, such as sorting mail, scanning documents, ordering catering, scheduling meetings, taking meeting minutes etc
- You graduated from an accredited high school and completed some additional education such as a community college/business college program or courses.
- You may already have your General License to sell insurance in Nova Scotia. (This would be a real bonus!)
- You have a high tolerance for a busy and sometimes noisy environment and have no issues with multi-tasking.
- With a detail-oriented personality, you have exceptional data entry skills, entering data accurately and quickly.
- You are highly proficient with MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as may have some experience using a leading Broker Management System (a “nice to have”!).
- You have experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Your customer service skills are second to none; you have an ease with speaking to people on the phone and in person in a professional manner.
- You have excellent written communication skills.
- As a confident and independent worker, you can be flexible and adapt to change with a positive attitude.
- You are interested in continuing to advance your skills and professional development in the personal insurance industry.
Other job details:
Posting Date: August 22, 2017
Closing Date: September 08, 2017
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Salary commensurate with experience.
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from qualified members of the visible minority community, indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities. Applicants from these designated groups wishing to self-identify may do so through the cover letter.
Interested? There are 2 ways to apply:
- Drop off your application (résumé and cover letter) in person at our Dartmouth location between 9:00 – 4:00 Monday to Friday.Cheep Insurance
24 Wentworth Street
- Send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing Date: September 08, 2017
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.