Work From Home Personal Lines Broker (Full-Time)
Location: Flexible within the Maritimes (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island)
Atlantic Canada’s first and only 100% online insurance brokerage – Cheep Insurance – is looking to expand its team. We are a modern and emerging independent insurance brokerage with the objective to improve service delivery and value for today’s busy consumer. Through a mobile app and other technology, we are simplifying the insurance experience by offering fresh and innovative tools like convenient online quoting, eSignatures and 24/7 policy access.
Our significant success means that we now have the need to grow our team again! We’re on the hunt for someone with exceptional administrative, customer service and office support skills to take on the full-time role of Work from Home Personal Lines Broker.
This newly created full-time position will be essential to the smooth running of our office every day. We need to ensure that brokerage operations will continue to operate effectively and efficiently, and that nothing falls through the cracks, while our Sales & Marketing Teams are working with customers to ensure they are getting the proper insurance coverage for their needs at the best price.
Although this is a home-based position, at Cheep Insurance, you will have the opportunity to become part of a team of energetic, results-oriented and intelligent employees in a casual work atmosphere where technology is revered. If you are a licensed broker who can work with limited direction, prefers a quiet work environment with lots of autonomy, and wants to develop your own style, please contact us.
Here’s what you would be doing:
- Working from your home, build relationships with our existing clients as their key contact for policy changes, communicating with them by phone or email.
- Enter client changes on the various insurance providers’ systems.
- Verify policies issued from insurance providers are accurate and complete when received.
- Validate data integrity of all client and internal information on a frequent basis.
- Participate in internal operational improvement projects as the need arises.
- Play a support role to achieve our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
- You graduated from an accredited high school and completed some additional education such as a community college/business college program or courses. (A university degree is not a prerequisite)
- You have your General License to sell insurance in Nova Scotia and experience using a leading broker management system (experience with Applied Epic would be nice to have).
- Any completed CAIB courses would be an added bonus (but not required).
- With a detail-oriented personality, you have exceptional data entry skills, entering data accurately and quickly.
- You are highly proficient with MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as using the internet.
- Your customer service skills are second to none; you have an ease with speaking to people on the phone and in person in a professional manner.
- You have excellent written communication skills.
- You thrive on working independently and are self-motivated.
- You have the ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- You have a positive attitude and are confident and competitive.
- You have experience working in a remote culture or can adjust your work style to be remote-ready.
- You may be required to travel occasionally to our Dartmouth office location for team meetings or training.
Other job details:
Compensation will be contingent on experience and qualifications.
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from qualified members of the visible minority community, indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities. Applicants from these designated groups wishing to self-identify may do so through the cover letter.
Interested? Send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.