Atlantic Canada’s first and only 100% online insurance brokerage – Cheep Insurance – is looking to expand its team. We are a modern and emerging independent insurance brokerage with the objective to improve service delivery and value for today’s busy consumer. Through a mobile app and other technology, we are simplifying the insurance experience by offering fresh and innovative tools like convenient online quoting, eSignatures and 24/7 policy access.
Our significant success since launching our business means that we now have the need to grow our team. We’re on the hunt for someone with exceptional administrative, customer service and office support skills to take on the full-time role of Accounting & Admin Coordinator.
We need to ensure that brokerage operations will continue to operate effectively and efficiently and that nothing falls through the cracks while our Sales & Marketing Teams are working with customers to ensure they are getting the proper insurance coverage for their needs at the best price. This newly created position will be essential to the smooth running of our office every day.
At Cheep Insurance, you will have the opportunity to work with a small group of energetic, results-oriented and intelligent team members in a casual work atmosphere where technology is revered.
Here’s what you would be doing:
- Acting as the first point of contact for incoming calls and directing them appropriately.
- Assisting clients via phone or email with their payment inquiries.
- Notifying clients of payment changes and reminders, cancellations.
- Posting electronic payments to our internal system.
- Weekly checking of accounts receivable lists and following up with clients.
- Participating in internal operational improvement projects as the need arises.
- Completing other administrative duties around the office as required, such as sorting mail, scanning documents, ordering catering, scheduling meetings, taking meeting minutes etc.
- You graduated from an accredited high school and completed some additional education such as a community college/business college program or courses. (A university degree is not a prerequisite)
- You have a high tolerance for a busy and sometimes noisy environment and have no issues with multi-tasking.
- With a detail-oriented personality, you have exceptional data entry skills, entering data accurately and quickly.
- You are highly proficient with MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as using the internet.
- Your customer service skills are second to none; you have an ease with speaking to people on the phone and in person in a professional manner.
- You have excellent written communication skills.
- You thrive on working independently and are self-motivated.
- You have the ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- You have a positive attitude and are confident and competitive.
- You don’t mind working in a workspace with a small close-knit team rather than a large company.
- You might have some experience using a leading broker management system (a “nice to have”).
- You are interested in continuing to advance your skills and professional development in the personal insurance industry. (The successful candidate may be eligible for paid training towards licensing as a Nova Scotia Insurance Broker, with the decision at our discretion.)
Annual Salary Range: $28,000 – $30,000, depending on experience and qualifications.
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from qualified members of the visible minority community, indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities. Applicants from these designated groups wishing to self-identify may do so through the cover letter.
Interested? There are 2 ways to apply:
- Drop off your application (résumé and cover letter) in person at our Dartmouth location between 9:00 – 4:00 Monday to Friday:
Attention: Hiring Manager
24 Wentworth Street
(Note: we share an office with WCL Bauld, so if you get to 24 Wentworth and see their sign, don’t worry – you’re at the right place!)
- Send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hint: you’ll get brownie points if you go with Option 1.
Extra brownie points if you like / follow us on social media as well!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.